Thursday, June 26, 2008

yippi yippi inky stinky blinky

I haven't written in a while. Not much to say really. I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week. No surprise there. I went fishing last friday at eagle creek. Spent most of the day walking and casting. Not even a nibble. No one else was catching anything either. I worked saturday and sunday. Sunday was stupid. The credit card server went down for no reason. And it couldn't be restored until monday. So, the whole day I was getting stupid calls about it being down. Not a thing I can do about it so at least don't bother me with it. I know it's down. I also know there isn't anything I can do. Stupid people. And to make it worse, the outage was planned. Of course no one told anyone about it. It happened at the same time last year and the same thing happened. I don't know why our company stays with this server warehouse. It will be interesting, the company we share the building with does some high end homeland security stuff for the government. Lets see how they react when the servers go down for no reason. The server company supposedly has 4 backup servers, diesel engines for their power and many battery backups. They would be better using the energizer bunny for power. He can power a whole city and a space ship. I guess the diesel engines would work but they probably don't have any diesel in them.
Tuesday at work I caught 3 fish on my break. that was after restringing my line cause I backed it up so bad. But I finally got it restrung and got about 10 min in. I first caught a green sunfish. I put it back in the water, then caught a catfish on the next cast. It got away. Which is fine with me cause I didn't have a glove or my net. Then the next cast I caught a tiny little bluegill.


Not much else to say really. It's been a crappy week. I'm on the phone arguing with some jerk who won't listen on how to copy and paste. He's another one of these losers who wants to make his client computer his master computer.

No comments: