Wednesday, June 18, 2008

break #2 at the retention pond

I walked out to the pond as I always do. Lots of little fish swimming around and a few bigger ones. I looked at the series of holes on the bottom where fish usually hang out. Having fish parties I guess. There weren't any there this time. So, I went around some more and went over to the little stream. there is a stretch there that is about 6" wide and maybe 3' long. At the ends it is very shallow. there was a huge fish in there. Barley enough room to swim forward and back. Definatly can't turn around. If I could have blocked off the ends I could have reached in and grabbed him. Of course, that would be stupid cause I know his fins on his back are sharp. I only had to kick a bluegill once barefoot to know not to grab or kick a fish again. Anyway, that was all for today. No turtles, otters, catfish or anything like that.

No comments: