Wednesday, July 2, 2008

trucks clucks and ouch that sucks

It's been a while. Seems like they all begin like that. Last weekend I went down to Suds and test drove a used mini cooper. It was yellow and black. The S model. It was a 2002 and they want 13k for it. It also has 92k miles. It drove well and I really liked it. But the price is high. So no on that. I also test drove the ranger that has been sitting across our street for a long time. It seemed in decent condition, but had some rust spots. Also they didn't have insurance on it, so I could only drive it around the lot. I guess it drove okay. Couldn't really tell.

I was looking around online and found a white ranger with 66k miles on it and $8998. I went and drove it and it's in perfect condition. The interior is beautiful. The outside looks great and the engine is very clean. I drove it and it drove great too. It's got the big engine and 4 wheel drive. 2 things I don't need, but it might be fun. Especially in the winter. So, I went to the bank and they wouldn't give me a loan cause it's made before 2000. I went to the dealer and waited for a very long time, they did the financing and now I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully I can figure out how to post pics too.

Saturday night we grilled and watched the race then went to the greenwood fireworks. The race was terrible. Festival of carbon fiber. The grilling was good. We had pork chops, sweet corn, potatos, and asparagus. It was all very tasty.

Then, we walked down to downtown greenwood for the fireworks. They were nice. A lot longer than we expected. Very good show. It was a bit of a walk, but we had a decent view. We sat on the football field at the school.

The other thing I did was try to work on the birdfeeder and hammock thing I've been working on for a while. It was too tall and way too heavy. I tried to move it by myself and cracked one side. So then I asked my awesome wife to help. It was too tall for her and I dropped my end. Her end snapped her arm back and hurt her shoulder. It still hurts. Then the other side broke. So, I broke both ends completely off to try and build it a different way. I have all 3 posts in the ground and it's partially together. I still have a bit of work to do on it. It's all crooked and it needs some longer bolts on the top. I could cement it into the ground. That might help a bit. Or I can cut it up and give up on it. I think that one is likely. It's a bad design and I don't think it will work well. Then while trying to put up some of the longer boards, I had my wife holding some while I drilled and the board pulled away and fell on her head. It still hurts here. I'm bad and hurt her pretty bad twice within an hour. It's stupid cause I try to help anyone with anything. Moving, cleaning, car fixing, all kinds of stuff. But when I need help the only one willing is my wife and I end up hurting her.

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

I'm not that hurt, and you can't take all of the blame. I'm one clumsy chica.